Ancho Sauce and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
6 Pork Chops
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
1 carrot, peeled and rough chopped into 1/2 inch slices
2 stalks of celery, washed and chopped into 1/2 inch slices
2 bay leaves
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup kosher sugar
1/2 cup sugar
4 pouches Savory Choice Chicken Broth Concentrate
1 cinnamon stick
2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
3 each whole all spice
2 each whole star anise
1 gallon water
Pork Chop Preparation
In a 2 gallon pot, pour 1 /2 gallon of warm water with the salt, maple syrup, sugar and Savory Creations Chicken Stick Pouches. With a wire whip, whisk the mixture until the salt and sugar have dissolved. Add the remaining 1 /2 gallon of water and the rest of the ingredients; making sure that the pork chops are completely submerged in the water. Place in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
Remove pork chops from the water and discard water.
Pre heat oven to 325. Dry off the pork chops and allow resting for 20 minutes.
In a large a medium size roasting pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the onions, celery, carrots and bay leaves. Saute until soft. Move the vegetables to the side of the pan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; sear the pork chops on all sides until golden brown. Place the vegetables back under the pork and place in the oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees. Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 6 to 8 minutes. Place over garlic mashed potatoes and pour the Ancho Chili Sauce over the top.
2 Ancho Chili pods
1 1 /2 cup water
1 /2 cup red wine, fruity, such as a merlot
2 Savory Creations Chicken Stick Pouches
1 1 /2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
1 /2 teaspoon salt
1 /2 teaspoon black pepper
2 T cold butter
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
4 cups potatoes
6-8 large cloves garlic
3 Savory Creations Chicken Stick Pouches
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine, if desired
pepper, to taste
1. Peel and dice four cups of potatoes.
2. Place in a four quart kettle and cover with water.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Simmer until tender.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Peel and clean 6-8 large cloves of fresh garlic.
3. Toss garlic in olive oil until coated, then place in a foil lined, oven-proof baking pan.
4. Bake garlic for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Mash garlic with a fork.
1. Drain Potatoes, then add 2 Savory Creations Chicken Stick Pouches
2. Add 1/2 cup of milk and, if desired, 1/4 stick of butter or margarine.
3. Add the roasted garlic and _ tablespoon of black pepper
4. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Serve and enjoy!